Castle


Learning Rhino has been an amazing and fun experience. However, to begin with it can seem overwhelming and very difficult to understand. The Castle was the first thing I designed, and to be honest looking back on it with all the knowledge I have about Rhino it makes me laugh. I remember being very intimidated, feeling like there was no way I was going to get the hang of any of this. However, I persevered, and while the castle's not perfect I was very proud of myself to have something that resembled a castle. I began the process just learning how to stack the boxes. Once stacked I was able to array the boxes rectangularly in order to make the walls of the castle. From there I played around with the other shapes, stacking them to create more of a castle feel to the walls.

The reason I laugh looking back is because I see all the silly mistakes I made, and the ways I would totally redo my design. First of all I have a lot of boxes overlap in places, which can easily be solved by knowing how to use snaps better and arraying correctly. Secondly, I have places where some of the boxes are pushed inward in some places but not in others, which all again goes back to properly using the tools. Nevertheless, I would call this project successful not necessarily because I had the coolest looking castle, but because I found the passion to persevere and complete something that seemed outside of my comfort zone of design.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rubber Duck

Vinyl Tattoo

Shapeways Ring