Toy Hammer

Like the screwdriver, the easiest way to begin the hammer was by drawing rectangles to give myself an outline.
Starting with the back of the head, we drew two circles, a big on centered at the neck, and a little one in the right corner. Then we used an arc to join the two circles at the top and bottom, trimming away the access. To complete the back of the head we extruded the surface straight.




The last steps to complete the head consisted of drawing a curve and revolving it. Then to create the separation in the back we also drew a shape, extruded it, and differenced it. The final step was to fillet the edges to create the smooth edges.

Creating the neck was probably the most challenging aspect for me. This step brought a new tool to the table and it wasn't working for me. The process began by drawing a box and two curves on both sides intersecting inside the head. Sweep 2 then turned the 2 dimensional shape into the neck. Finally caping the holes completed the neck.
To complete the hammer the last step was to design the handle. Designing the handle consisted of drawing the shape, mirroring it, and then using the Sweep 2 command. To finish the piece, we drew a cylinder through the end and then differenced it to create the hole.

Even though the neck gave me trouble, I didn't let it frustrate me. Instead, I focused on the ways it excited me to know how far I had come from the castle and the ways designing these object were getting easier.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rubber Duck

Vinyl Tattoo

Shapeways Ring