Chess Set

Coming into designing the chess set I wasn't sure what I wanted to design. Instead, I used this assignment in a more experimental way. To create the base I started with two cylinders, one big, and one small, that I twisted to make an organic shape. Once I saw it gave me a vine like tree shape I decided to run with a floral design for my set.


To create the leaf like shape at the bottom of the base, I traced and mirrored my desired shape. Then I extruded the curve to create the surface, and completed the leaf by bending it upward.



To design the tops of my pieces, I started by designing an overall shape I wanted to work with (on the right). Then designed each piece individually with cones, cylinders, and spheres.

My final pieces turned out better than I expected. I really enjoyed being able to show my creative style, and present something unique that was my design.


King
Knight


Pawn
Queen
Rook



Bishop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rubber Duck

Vinyl Tattoo

Shapeways Ring