Reversed Engineered Project



I won't lie the Reversed Engineered Project, for myself was probable the hardest. I began by measuring out every inch of my clock with the digital calibrator and writing down the measurements. Most of the clock was made by revolving the shapes I drew. For example, the basic shape of the outside rim of the clock, the bells, and many of the buttons were all revolved.






The back is where most of the detail is found. To create the indents I made spheres and cylinders combining the shape, then differenced it to create the indentions. Creating the writing was also something new I learned, and I found it exciting to try to find the text match and extrude it on the surface. To design the battery pack I used a lot of rectangles and extrudes and differenced the shapes.













I found the front of the clock to be less technical and more design oriented. I was able to play around with colors and gloss to create the shine of the metal, create the hour and minute hands, and pipe the handle. While the overall idea of the project scared me at first, the feeling of pride, when I saw how successfully I had replicated the clock suppressed the overwhelmed feeling I had first experienced.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rubber Duck

Vinyl Tattoo

Shapeways Ring