Screwdriver

At first glance this project seemed very intimidating. However, I was in for a big surprise to see how simple it ended up being. To begin the best thing to do is draw a roughed out shaped that resemble the shape you are hoping to create. Once you have that shape you are able to draw your desired shape, being able to keep your proportions in order.

The next step blew my mind. To create the shape to the right, all I had to do was revolve the line I had previously created.
To create the pointed end a screwdriver has, we drew a line crossing the top and mirrored the effect to the other side. Then to complete the process we split the head and deleted the excess.

The final step consisted of creating the grooves in the screwdriver. To do this, we drew a line in the desired shape, piped the line, and arrayed it around the screwdriver. Completing the grooves, consisted of differencing the pipes from the screwdriver.

In the first screwdriver I made my tip ended up being too pointed and not consistent on both sides. However, when I did it again I was able to create a more consistently pointed end, and what I would call a successful screwdriver.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rubber Duck

Vinyl Tattoo

Shapeways Ring